Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

AN INSIDE LOOK ON ENGINEERING [AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS]


In this series of posts throughout the semester, we will feature an engineering discipline at Purdue. A current student will briefly discuss what this discipline focuses on, their favorite parts of it, and any projects they have worked on or cool opportunities they have had in this area of focus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a graduate student at Purdue University in Aeronautics and Astronautics. I focused my studies
Jennifer with NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden
on Astrodynamics and Space Applications, as I am interested in the study of spacecrafts' trajectories in space. What I like about my major, is that it allows me to take part in projects where I can have a global view on mission design. Lately, I have been involved in a project called "Human Journey to Mars" where we try to define possible architectures for a human mission to Mars. 

I am also part of the Space Generation Advisory Council, an association for space enthusiasts, students, and young professionals.  

After graduation, I hope to find job opportunities within space agencies or in space consulting companies. I have already had several internships, and I like to have an overview on engineering projects where you are more than a technical asset to the team, but also manage and take decisions regarding the direction the project should take - I am highly passionate about that! 

Even though the aerospace world seems very small, what is great is that it can lead you to work anywhere! I have worked on an assembly line in France, I was an engineering assistant in Germany, and worked on Sciences and Space Diplomacy in Russia, all while studying here in the USA. The options are endless!  

What's awesome about Purdue are the opportunities you have when you are passionate about your research and field of study. I had the opportunity to talk to amazing space leaders over the past few years, such as Dr. Aldrin or Charles Bolden. You never know what awaits for you. 


-Jennifer Pouplin

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The personal perspective on balancing intense coursework with hands-on team projects really captures the reality of an engineering workload. Learning how to manage rigorous academic expectations alongside practical group commitments requires incredible discipline, which often reminds me of how students in specialized health and care fields rely on resources like Autism Nursing Assignment Help in Australia to navigate their demanding assignments and clinical placements smoothly. It is refreshing to read an honest account of the dedication required to succeed in these technical majors. Did you find that managing team dynamics or staying on top of individual project deadlines was the bigger challenge during that semester?

    ReplyDelete